what ableism is
- actively making fun of disabled people
- deliberately triggering someone’s mental illnesses (such as doing something to mess with their ocd, or trying to trigger a mood swing if they’re bipolar, trying to trigger a breakdown if they have anxiety issues)
- asking a disabled person to do something they obviously can’t for the sake of humor and cheap laughs
- using them as the butt of a joke
what ableism isn’t
- a teenager calling someone on the internet stupid
Lillian Weber, a 99-year-old good Samaritan from Iowa, has spent the last few years sewing a dress a day for the Little Dresses For Africa charity, a Christian organization that distributes dresses to children in need in Africa and elsewhere.
Weber’s goal is to make 1,000 dresses by the time she turns 100 on May 6th. So far, she’s made more than 840. Though she says she could make two a day, she only makes one – but each single dress she makes per day is personalized with careful stitchwork. She hopes that each little girl who receives her dress can take pride in her new garment.
I AM LOSING MY SHIT OVER THIS WHAT THE FUCK ARIN HOLY SHIT I ALMOST DIED LAUGHING I ALMOST FUCKING CHOKED
mmmm never forget this. never let this die. in 80 years when arin is on his death bed, let him remember the d club
I do not care if you arent into game grumps. Please listen to this.
I just love though, dan’s muffled laughter as he leaves the room to ask arin’s wife about him having totally-not-gay gay actions and comes back into the room screaming “oh my god” its beautiful really